About to go to bed, Riku heads to open his door. Thinking maybe it was one of the Committee members, he's instead greeted by Naminé.

"N-Naminé? What are y- Wait hold on, it's cold. Come in, we'll talk inside."

Naminé nods and steps inside. She seems shaken, not even looking him in the eye.

"I think I have some tea Aerith gave me? I'll make you some, give me one second." Riku ushers her to sit on his couch and hands her a blanket, then speeds off to get the tea kettle ready. A few minutes later, he returns with two cups of tea in hand and gives one to Naminé. "I don't remember what it's called, but apparently it's supposed to calm you down or help you sleep or something. Anyway, did something happen? What's wrong?"

Naminé sits still, unmoving, for a few seconds, then grabs her tea cup. She takes a couple of sips and tries to calm herself down with a few deep breaths. "I just. I just couldn't stay in there anymore. It was like being in Castle Oblivion or the Old Mansion again. Especially with DiZ- I mean- Ansem the Wise and his apprentices there."

Riku's stomach drops, "Trust me, I understand. The Castle, it makes me uncomfortable too. I know they regret what they've done, but still. Especially with Ansem the Wise, he was horrible to you."

Naminé goes quiet again, then asks, "Is that why you stay here?"

"Yeah, actually. The Castle building itself also just makes me... Feel bad."

"Because of what you did when it was Hollow Bastion?"

"Yeah..."

"I understand."

The two of them sit in silence as they finish their tea.

"So... What do you plan on doing next, Naminé?"

"I don't know. I don't even know how I managed to find you, really. I only caught glimpses of you and the others when I went outside, I never stayed out much, and I was too afraid to keep my promise to Yuffie..."

"It's okay, she won't mind. You can still go, you know?"

"I guess so..." Naminé trails off, as if mulling something over. "Hey, Riku?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have room for one more in here? I think. No, I know that I'd rather stay there than in the Castle."

"Wh- Of course I do, you're welcome to stay here until you figure out what you want to do. Come on, you can take the bed, I'm pretty sure I have a futon somewhere... Or I could stay on the couch..."

"No, no, I'll take the futon or the couch, it's okay."

"Naminé, I insist. You look exhausted, please, take the bed."

"Okay, okay. But can I ask you a favor?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Could you take the futon instead of the couch? I'd like to... See what a sleepover feels like. Like the ones you used to have with Sora and Kairi."

"Oh! Um. Sure, yeah. Is that all? You sure you don't need anything else?"

"I'm sure."


CONTINUE