The Heartless within the Ravine Trail don't pose much of a threat. The vast majority of them are picked off by Riku, Leon, and Yuffie, with the occasional spells from Aerith. It seems like the Heartless are at their strongest while being close to Villain's Vale, so the ones that have made it all the way to the choke point are fairly weak.

Aerith looks over at the repair workers, who signal that they're all done for the day. With a nod, she then casts three Thundaga spells in a row. Once the familiar resounding signal reaches Riku, Leon and Yuffie's ears (perhaps too successfully), the group knows they're good to go back home — just as they have done numerous times before.

"Good job today, everyone! Let me see..." Aerith moves to inspect her friends for any injuries when they meet up. "Not even a scrape on Leon, and- Wow, Yuffie! No scrapes on you either!"

"Hehe, I'm awesome, I know." Yuffie peacocks a little and proudly itches her nose.

"Hm... Oh, Riku, you've got a nasty bruise on your arm, let me help you," Aerith points out while already casting Cure.

"I didn't even notice. Thank you, Aerith."

"It's no problem, but please take care of yourself."

"Aw, come on, lay off him, he's probably tired from the butt-kicking I gave him earlier!" Yuffie pipes up when she hears the exchange. "Enough fooling around. We completed the first day of our assignment so we've gotta celebrate right? Right?"

"Celebrate as in...?" Riku asks, carefully.

"Food, duh! Come on over after you get the dirt off of you."

"Okay, okay. I'll see you all then."

Aerith and Yuffie wave goodbye to Riku, while Leon nods in acknowledgement. For now, the group part ways.


CONTINUE