『SECRET REPORT』

Hello! And welcome to my little Author's Note section for "The Seasons Change, and Time Marches on". Here I'll be writing about all sorts of things, like why I characterized someone a certain way, or little trivia. I'll also be archiving my AO3 notes here, just in case.

If you want to send me feedback, please e-mail me at: lunarsekai@proton.me or contact me on any social media. We could even have an old-school comment system if you mark your e-mail with [OK TO POST] and I'll put it up somewhere!


『CHAPTER I』

On how Ansem and his apprentices are treated

i like to think that ienzo is at least a little bit afraid/put-off by riku, because of the events of chain of memories + how the riku replica fucked him up. even's not exactly comfortable around him, and ansem feels really guilty whenever he's around riku, because of the shit he did.


Yuffie and Kairi

kairi's at her worst emotionally right now, i usually wouldn't write her like this. she would probably be a lot closer to how i write yuffie, i think of that scene where sora sees yuffie as kairi a lot. they'd be a lot alike if kairi were not traumatized and under a lot of stress, though kairi would be more laidback.


Naminé's characterization

because of how she acts in certain chain of memories scenes, i've always seen namine as having a self-deprecating way to guilt-trip people, which i tried to show during the scene where she interacts with riku when he goes to visit kairi. it's not something she does on purpose and only when she's feeling particularly badly.


Archived AO3 Notes [09/03/2024]

this fic has been floating around in my head since the time-skip post KH3 was first brought up and now finally, FINALLY i wrote them down. i kept having a bunch of ideas of naminé just hanging out and making friends with the rest of the cast alongside riku, and the number of scenarios formed in my head kept growing and growing until i Actually sat down to write.

this is meant to be a purely platonic fic but, in my brain, i see riku as one of the gayest motherfuckers in anything i've ever played, so, sorry if that bleeds through LOL.

kairi might seem OOC but that's because she's just at her lowest state emotionally right now. also with naminé, i've always interpreted her as having a very weird self-deprecating way of being harsh so i hope that came through.

yuffie wasn't meant to be so present in the story but she's so fun to write i got carried away. can you tell she's my favorite ff7 character (alongside vincent). also yes those beans are meant to be da-chao beans.

naminé will have a lot more time to shine starting the next chapter, i just wanted to set the scene, and ended up writing like 5k+ words.

i also feel obligated to recommend what actually made me finish writing this damn chapter, stimuwrite! i can't explain it properly but if you have a hard time sitting down and focusing on writing, it is a godsend. do be aware that it DOES crash, it has a text recovery function but just to be safe, save your text somewhere after you reach a goal



『CHAPTER II』

HTML aspects

I STRUGGLED SO MUCH WITH THESE!!! originally, they weren't going to be separate. they were going to be just one thing in which you would be able to click whose messages you wanted to see, but that kind of thing was too complicated for me, so i opted to make them separate. normal view, dynamic view, and ao3 all have their own look. normal view is myspace dm which i couldn't resist, obviously. dynamic view is based off windows messenger which i used in the early 2000's. and ao3 is the simplest, and IRC chat, because of limited HTML usage. i have some "concept art" for it as well haha.

you can see some stuff that didn't make it in, like the phone ui. i might try it again sometime once i'm more skilled at HTML. it was really fun picking profile pictures for everyone though.


Naminé's password page

originally, i was going to write all of the combinations myself in pen and paper, scan theme, and include them in the fic. but then i realized that i would be insane if i did that. so i didn't.


Riku's story about Sora slipping on ice

that happened to me. i did that. it doesn't snow where i live so when i went to USA and saw snow for the first time, i ran outside and fell on my ass


Technology

i KNOW the gummiphone is like. a modern smartphone in kh3, but to me, they're stuck in an early 2000's time-bubble. i'm usually a huge stickler for canon but listen to me, i need this.


Even's characterization

he's not like. evil. he's just fixated on his experiments so much he sometimes disregards others. if it weren't for namine's replica body being a sort of novelty, he'd feel somewhat guilty around her because of castle oblivion, not only him, but everyone else that was there